> Ordering process
Yes and no; it depends what kind and what extent of editing you’re looking to change, adjust, or modify. Send us an email with your photo and edit requests and we’ll see what we can do!
Everything you need to create your paint-by-numbers masterpiece:
- 24”x36” (rectangle) or 24”x24” (square) canvas print(s- depending on your order) of your yet-to-be-painted image wrapped onto an 1.5” gallery-style wooden frame OR your mural outline as a ready-to-install vinyl
- professional paint brushes
- numbered set of acrylic paints specific to your image
- two jars: one to hold paint brushes, one to fill with water
- wooden easel (for canvas orders only)
- natural cotton apron
- magnifying glass with light
- raw canvas cloth
...and a whole lotta fun!
Here’s the top things to look for when choosing your image:
1) The photo must be yours OR you must have permission to use it.
2) The best images for us to work with are:
- high resolution
- clear, crisp images where there is a clear difference between the main subject (e.g. someone’s face) and the background (e.g. trees or sky). Portraits work best with close up photos.
- colourful & bright
Our Gallery has tons of examples of great images to convert into a Paintllio. Have a peek and if you want some advice in selecting the best one, send your short list to us in an email and we’ll be happy to help choose the winner.
YOU BET! Once you upload your image you’ll be able to preview it before you are asked to complete your payment/order transaction. And if you don’t like what you see, send it to us in an email and we’ll work on it until it’s just right - or suggest trying alternate photos. We’re all about no surprises and all OMG YES when you unpack your canvas or mural.
Your kit will arrive in approximately 2 - 3 weeks, depending on where it has to ship to. Keep in mind that holidays and other times of unusually high volume (aka wedding season) may require additional processing time. #handmixed #handpacked #handpainted #everythingbyhand
Costs are based on location, so they vary based on where you’d like the kit mailed to. You can estimate your shipping rate in the checkout process without having to make a purchase.
Change totally happens, agreed and we get it. However, because each painting is a custom product, once your order has been processed onto a canvas and the paints mixed, we do not provide exchanges or refunds. If your Paintillio is damaged during shipping, please email us and we’ll see what we can do!
> Painting process
Finishing a Paintillio depends on how many people are collaborating on it, and how big your project is.
Here's the basic math:
More people = faster. Less people = slower.
And remember: you can’t rush art!
Pop on that apron (provided in your kit) and do your best to keep your brushes wrangled: acrylic paint is only washable if you hit it with hot water right away! If you don’t wash the paint out of your clothes immediately, it will usually live with you forever.
Custom pictures turned into custom paintings mean custom paint palettes. We recommend only using the paints that are provided with each painting…otherwise someone might end up with a green nose and purple teeth.